Wednesday 10 September 2008

This flower is like a paper kite. I really like this flower is quite unique. I am still wonder what is the name of this plant and the origin. This is coming from the forest here that one of our friend had took it and give us one. It has tiny flowers as you can see. I called this one "funny kite".
My mini magic flower is flowering again and so much of it. So I take new ones. So lovely to look at this closely, so cute and it's like tiny lamp.
This is "mayana" we called it here, also called as herbal medicinal plant. There are many kinds of variety of this plants. This is just one of it.
One of the unique and colorful leaves of bougenville. This is just new plant so I keep this in the shadow for now otherwise this will go to the rest of my bougainville with all different kinds of colors standing on top of fence. I have several kinds of bougainville. As shown on this picture the flower has single petal only. The others has several numbers of petals (they called it here, doble-doble, means double). Many people here create their own way of fertilize the plants like "urea". Funny and unique about it is, they use their own urea. How I called "morning piss!!!" they mixed it with water a value of one hink. Way of minimize the cost instead of buying. I try to make some compost here, all waste leaves and wild plants they dig up I put it all together and cover with plastic and mix some soil and left overs from cutting woods. Does it work? Bougainville loves it and flowering so nicely.
Here are some vougainville standing just one part. Most of this stand on pots. If you plant this on soil they will love it and grow big and become mini tree. Many people like it to put on pots easy to control the size and they love to change places to display their lovely flowers.

1 comment:

Ingrid E said...

Mayana we call Palettblad in swedish.
Bougainvillean looks just like mine. I had it outdorrs but now it's inside becourse the nights can be cold already. First year I have.
Flowers on my blogg too today.
Kram!