Sunday 7 September 2008


The story of this plant. This plant is a tree that grows along the side of the seashore. They thought this will not grow far from the sea. Well, I have number of seeds from this as you can see above that is the seed of this flower. I find this an interesting plant. A plant that is a tree growing. The local people called this tree as BITU-ON. Bitu-on means a star. I wonder why they called this a star? So I asked but nonthing really knows why. Strange and funny. I will keep asking this next time I see this tree again. This gives a unique flower. Once the flower is gone it turn to a big seed that I used for seedling. I have number of growing seedling in my pot here in my garden. I will still try to find a location where I can plant this plant that one day will become a tree. Another plant that I need to know and search the origin.

One of the orchid flower here. This is not origin in the Philippines. The name of this orchid they called it here is Banda Orchid, and it is hybrid. I tried to search in the internet but right now my connection is so slow. When I will find it I will attach the information next time about this orchid.


No comments: